Housing is celebrating a HUGE WIN at the legislature. With our champion lawmakers, hardworking team, and advocates like you, Homes for All secured $90M in bonds for affordable housing! Additionally, coalition partners secured $30M for mental health crisis centers. We could not have done it without you.
The bill includes:
- $90M for Affordable Housing
- $30M for Mental Health Crisis Centers
This is our largest win EVER - and we could not have done it without you.
- Housing Infrastructure Bonds (HIB):
- $50M - Non-Restricted
- $30M - Restricted to Permanent Supportive Housing (for individuals with behavioral health needs)
- Senior Housing Eligible Use - 55+ (new use for HIB)
- Manufactured Housing Eligible Use (new use for HIB)
- General Obligation Bonds (GO):
- $10M - Public Housing
- $30M - Mental Health Crisis Centers - (emergency shelter for individuals with behavioral health needs)
- $28.1M - Mental Health Crisis Centers Grant Program
- $1.9M - Scott County Crisis Center
TOTAL: $120M in #Bonds4Housing
Our appropriation asks were not included in the Supplemental Budget Finance Bill. Provisions that were initially included: Homework Starts with Home, and Lead Paint Prevention Act.
YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
Thank you for your advocacy this session.