Put your idea on the Homes for All legislative agenda! Policy proposal applications are now due on Thursday, October 26, 2017 by 5 p.m.
The legislative process can seem daunting and overwhelming. However, when community members, organizations, thought leaders and people with lived experiences convene around a table with a purpose of achieving equitable policies, great things transpire. Achieving great legislation does not happen in a year, and the recent talk about cuts circulating around our great state may have many advocates feeling unsure about our upcoming legislative session.
DO NOT be deterred by such talk! The Homes for All proposal process is a great place to present your policy ideas, no matter how complete or preliminary it is.
Policy Proposal Process
Every fall, Homes for All puts together their Homes for All agenda, and as a part of the process, the coalition hears policy proposals from organizations. This process provides members and non-members an opportunity to participate in and influence the coalition’s policy agenda. The coalition is accepting policy proposal applications. Applications are due October 26, 2017.
We will be meeting on the following days to hear proposals from organizations.
Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Location: Lutheran Social Services - 2485 Como Ave, St Paul, MN 55108
Date: Tuesday, November 7, 2017
New Location: United Way, St. Cloud - 921 1st St N #200, St Cloud, MN 56303
Use this link to learn more about the Homes For All Policy Team, read an overview of the coalition’s legislative agenda setting process, see a timeline and basic logistics, and review an in-depth overview of frequently asked questions.
- The policy teams solicits and accepts policy proposal applications.
- Each applicant is given the opportunity to present its proposal at a policy team meeting.
- The policy team solicits coalition-wide input.
- The policy team creates a draft policy agenda after hearing proposals, considering survey results, and political realities.
- The entire coalition adopts, rejects, or amends the draft agenda.
- The adopted agenda becomes the Homes for All legislative agenda for the upcoming legislative session.
Homes for All documents:
We are excited to do this work together,
Libby Murphy and Fatima Moore